Acceptable use policyThis Acceptable Use Policy document, including the following list of Prohibited Activities, is an integral part of your Hosting Agreement with NinerNet Communications. If you engage in any of the activities prohibited by this AUP document NinerNet Communications may suspend or terminate your account.
NinerNet Communications' Acceptable Use Policy (the "Policy") for NinerNet Communications Services is designed to help protect NinerNet Communications, NinerNet Communications' customers and the Internet community in general from irresponsible or, in some cases, illegal activities. The Policy is a non-exclusive list of the actions prohibited by NinerNet Communications. NinerNet Communications reserves the right to modify the Policy at any time, effective upon posting at www.niner.net/aup.html.
Prohibited Uses of NinerNet Communications Systems and Services:
- Transmission, distribution or storage of any material in violation of any applicable law or regulation is prohibited. This includes, without limitation, material protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property right used without proper authorisation, and material that is obscene, defamatory, constitutes an illegal threat, or violates export control laws.
- Sending Unsolicited Bulk E-mail ("UBE", "spam"). The sending of any form of Unsolicited Bulk E-mail through NinerNet Communications' servers is prohibited. Likewise, the sending of UBE from another service provider advertising a web site, e-mail address or utilizing any resource hosted on NinerNet Communications' servers, is prohibited. NinerNet Communications accounts or services may not be used to solicit customers from, or collect replies to, messages sent from another Internet Service Provider where those messages violate this Policy or that of the other provider.
- Running Unconfirmed Mailing Lists. Subscribing e-mail addresses to any mailing list without the express and verifiable permission of the e-mail address owner is prohibited. All mailing lists run by NinerNet Communications customers must be Closed-loop ("Confirmed Opt-in"). The subscription confirmation message received from each address owner must be kept on file for the duration of the existence of the mailing list. Purchasing lists of e-mail addresses from third parties for mailing to or from any NinerNet Communications-hosted domain, or referencing any NinerNet Communications account, is prohibited.
- Advertising, transmitting, or otherwise making available any software, program, product, or service that is designed to violate this AUP or the AUP of any other Internet Service Provider, which includes, but is not limited to, the facilitation of the means to send Unsolicited Bulk E-mail, initiation of pinging, flooding, mail-bombing, or denial-of-service attacks.
- Operating an account on behalf of, or in connection with, or reselling any service to, persons or firms listed in the Spamhaus Register of Known Spam Operations (ROKSO) database at www.spamhaus.org.
- Unauthorised attempts by a user to gain access to any account or computer resource not belonging to that user (e.g., "cracking").
- Obtaining or attempting to obtain service by any means or device with intent to avoid payment.
- Unauthorized access, alteration, destruction, or any attempt thereof, of any information of any NinerNet Communications customers or end-users by any means or device.
- Knowingly engage in any activities designed to harass, or that will cause a denial-of-service (e.g., synchronised number sequence attacks) to any other user whether on the NinerNet Communications network or on another provider's network.
- Using NinerNet Communications' Services to interfere with the use of the NinerNet Communications network by other customers or authorised users.
Each NinerNet Communications customer is responsible for the activities of its users and, by accepting service from NinerNet Communications, is agreeing to ensure that its customers/representatives or end-users abide by this Policy. Complaints about customers/representatives or end-users of a NinerNet Communications customer will be forwarded to the NinerNet Communications customer's postmaster or administrative contact for action. If violations of the NinerNet Communications Acceptable Use Policy occur, NinerNet Communications reserves the right to terminate services with or take action to stop the offending customer from violating NinerNet Communications' AUP as NinerNet Communications deems appropriate, without notice.